Sunday, August 30, 2009

From the Garden....



This morning I went out to my Parents garden to see what was growing and this is what I found.


WOW! I picked carrots, butternut squash, zuchini, yellow squash, grapes, green and purple beans, tomatoes, and green peppers.


This is one of the many reasons I appreciate living with the parents. I am learning how to garden and I cannot wait to plant my own garden. I love eating the freshness that grows all summer. Earlier this season we also had peas and there are melons and pumpkins that are not quite ripe yet. My mother grows her own herbs like basil, thyme, and cilantro as well. The kids love to go out and see the new growth and help pick and water the garden. Too bad they don't appreciate the good food too. Give it time right?


No comments:

Post a Comment