Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Traumatizing!

Yesterday was horrible! Our dog Bear ingested snail bait. I thought she was dying. I panicked, I didn't know what to do so I called Jake. He told me to get the kids in the car and take her to the vet... is that what I'm supposed to do in an emergency??? Sounds obvious, right? I was totally freaked out and my head was not thinking straight. I was screaming and crying and yelling at Gracie to get to her room (only because I didn't want her to see Bear Die.) Luckily, Jenni was on her way to my house at the time... but I had forgotten with all the chaos. I pulled Garrett out of his crib, and put the kids in the car. All of the sudden I turned around and Jenni was there. She must think I am a crazy person, I was freaking out repeating "my dog is dying, my dog is dying". She took my kids home with her and I took Bear to the vet... in my pajamas, with no bra on! The ladies at the vet think I am a crazy person too. I called them during all of this repeating the same thing while crying... my dog is dying, my dog is dying... I am on my way. I think they were able to get Bears name out of me and pull her file because when I got there they knew who she was. It was awful. Poor Bear was throwing up, foaming at the mouth, shaking and convulsing, she couldn't walk straight. It looked like she was having a siezure.

The good part is, she is okay! She stayed at the vet overnight and came home this morning. She is doing great. We are not sure how she got snail bait but the vet is pretty certain that's what it was. I just hope that one of my neighbors didn't try to kill my dog on purpose. Somehow, I think that is exactly what happened. Why anyone would do that to a dog is beyond me. How horrible. We are soooo happy that she recovered so well and that she is back home with the rest of the family! We love you Bear!

Here is Bear and Sally Snuggling... So Sweet!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! That is so scary! I am soo soo glad Bear is ok! Augh... that is just awful that anybody would want to do something like that deliberately, I'm so sorry you had to go through that but VERY glad she made it! Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie that is horrible... I am so sorry! I am glad that bear is alright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, I am so sorry to hear that, it is aweful! I am glad that your cute little doggy is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie I found you! Your stories are so fun to read because your life sounds just like mine! Have a fun Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete